Last Chance for Chile Relleno Festival at La Sandia
August is coming to a close. September is on the horizon. While we’re getting in the back-to-school mindset, La Sandia offers us all one last chance (literally) for some hot and spicy good times. For the entire month of August (the last few days of it anyway), Chef Richard Sandoval offers a culinary festival of Mexico’s most signature dish, Chile Relleno, or “stuffed chile.” Until the end of the month, guests can taste four bold, new preparations of Chile Relleno that showcase modern adaptations of this traditional dish.
“Chile Relleno has been around since the 16th century in Mexico. We want to show guests alternate ways that this classic dish can be prepared and encourage them taste the potential of Mexican cuisine,” states Chef Sandoval.
• Chile Picadillo – $18.95- two pasilla chiles stuffed with chorizo, bacon, pork and mashed plantain / pipian sauce / crema fresca
• Chile Seafood Relleno – $19.95- poblano pepper stuffed with shrimp, calamari, scallops, gouda and cilantro / black bean puree / chile de arbol sauce / cactus salad
• Chile Vegetable Relleno – $17.95- poblano pepper stuffed with crimini mushrooms, chayote, tomatoes, onions, corn and cheese / creamy chipotle cotija rice / roasted tomatoes / avocado
• Chile En Nogada – $19.95- poblano pepper stuffed with veal, tomatoes, onions and almonds / cinnamon-walnut sauce / pomegranate seeds
• As well as a Mini Relleno Tasting – $18.95- featuring all four mini rellenos, prepared in Fresno chiles
Wash it down with two handcrafted cocktails with vibrant flavors of the season:
• Pomegranate Margarita- $9.95- tequila blanco / fresh pomegranate / citrus
• Coconut Mojito- $10.95- malibu red / mint / lime / citrus juices / chile ancho-coconut rim
The Chile Relleno Festival can be enjoyed throughout the month of August at La Sandia in Tyson’s Corner.
For recent updates on La Sandia happenings:
- ‘Like’ La Sandia on Facebook
- Follow La Sandia on Twitter