22nd Annual Taste of Reston: June 15-16
The 22nd Annual Taste of Reston, Northern Virginia’s largest outdoor food festival, produced by the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, will take place Friday, June 15 and Saturday, June 16 on Market Street at the Reston Town Center. I have attended the Taste of Reston the last several years and it’s good wholesome fun for the whole family. Even though their chili cook-off is no longer happening this year, I will still have the pleasure of serving as judge.
This year’s event marking their 22nd year celebration, will feature more than 30 area restaurants, a full line-up of musical entertainment, a kid’s activity tent, and for the first time this year, “Wine n’ Dine” a chef’s demonstration stage. The new Wine n’ Dine demonstration stage will take place on Saturday only between 1-3 p.m. and showcases the cuisine and chefs of The Melting Pot, Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro and Paolo’s.
Besides good food, music, and fun … best of all, admission to Taste of Reston is FREE! You’ll want to purchase Taste Tickets in order to sample the participating restaurants’ food and purchase Carnival Tickets to take a spin on your favorite ride. Taste Tickets are $1 per ticket or $20 for a sheet of 24 tickets! Each sample ranges from 1-5 tickets. Most are 3 or 4. Sodas or water are 1-2 tickets. Avoid the lines and buy taste tickets online here.
This year’s Taste of Reston samplings from local eateries include over 30 area restaurants such as:
- Big Bowl: Spicy peanut noodles
- Buffalo Wing Factory: Buffalo Bites
- Clyde’s of Reston
- The Counter: Mini Burgers
- Hyatt Regency Reston
- Il Fornaio
- La Sandia (Tysons Corner): Tinga Tacos (chicken)
- Mamma Lucia of Reston: Meatball Slider
- Milwaukee Frozen Custard: Root beer float, scoop, cone or cup
- Midtown Kabob: Baklava
- Melting Pot: Chocolate covered strawberries
- Mon Ami Gabi & Community Canteen: Vanilla Bean Pound Cake
- Obi Sushi: Japanese pot stickers
- Paolo’s Ristorante: Steak Salad
- Paradise Ice Cream: Funnel Cake
- Pitango Gelato: Gelato
- Pollo Peru: Peruvian chicken
- Robeks Fruit Smoothies: Strawbananaberry smoothie
- Sweetgreen: Cesar Salad | Wrap
- UNO Chicago Grill: Mac & Cheese
- Vie de France: Sweet Crepes
- Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro
It’s an impressive list with something for everyone!
More Information: www.RestonTaste.com
Admission: Free, food tickets $1 each
Dates/Hours: Friday, June 15 – 3-11 pm; Saturday, June 16 – noon-11 pm; Sunday carnival only
Location: Reston Town Center, 1760 Reston Parkway, Reston, VA 20190