First Annual Bluemont BBQ Bash and Certified BBQ Competition
Yeehaw! Come on par’ners! Join me and my family this Saturday, July 30th, at Great Country Farms for the newest and most exciting festival yet, the Bluemont BBQ Bash! I will be there to serve as a judge for the First State Certified BBQ Competition with competitors arriving from all over the country! This event is a KCBS (Kansas City Barbecue Society) certified competition which means it is an official event, not a backyard BBQ.
BBQ, did someone say BBQ??? That’s what this festival is all about, featuring 4 meat competitions including- ribs, pulled pork, chicken and beef. As if that’s not enough, the Great Country Farms Roosteraute will be serving up our famous BBQ and Kettle Corn all weekend long!
The competition begins on Saturday, but that’s not all there is! There is a jam packed calendar of events for an entire day of family-fun! I think my kids will enjoy the chance to pick their own blackberries, which will be at their peak. Great Country Farms berries are thornless and trellised for easy picking and the best part, they are pesticide free! In addition, they are hosting their first Blackberry Bonanza Dessert contest; open to anyone who wishes to enter. Simply fill out the application at the bottom of this page which details our entry guidelines.
In addition, their brand new market will be open featuring homemade sauces, dressings, and u-pick produce and Bluemont Vineyard will be open with wine-tasting, featuring blackberry wine, made from Great Country Farms’ blackberries.
Other activities include (but are not limited to):
- 11:30 am: Children’s Relay Race
- 12:00 pm: Live entertainment featuring local band- LDE (Lloyd Dobler Effect)
- 1:00 pm: Adults Relay Race
- 2:30 pm: Local Restaurant Waiter’s Race sponsored by JK Moving Services. Come cheer on your favorite restaurant!
- All Day- Tye-dying of one of our infamous Got Berries? T-shirts (or bring one of your own items to our tye-dye fun).
- Enjoy 4 mazes to challenge the little farmers, rope swings, pedal tractors and 60’ slides, HUGE jumping pillow, a brand new king size play set and if you bring a line and a pole, you can go on down to our stocked fishin’ hole. Crafts, storytelling, hayrides and much, much more!